Sunday, July 01, 2007

Two weddings and a Birthday


Wow! I can't believe it is already July! We ended June with a bang--the 29th being Becca's birthday, Ben's half-birthday and Grandpa Welling's wedding day! On the 30th we had a shower for Haylee & now as we enter July we will get ready for Greg's birthday and Haylee's wedding. For Becca's birthday, she requested a "Strawberry Shortcake" party, so we invited her friends over and played pin the crown on Strawberry Shortcake, Strawberry Shortcake Bingo, went "berry" picking, made strawberry scented play dough, ate peanut butter and "strawberry" sandwiches, and ate strawberry cake and ice cream.
I admit that I love decorating my kids' birthday cakes, but I don't usually do anything as formal as I did for Becca's party. Since Haylee has requested that I make her wedding cake --yikes!-- I decided that I had better get some practice in making a tiered cake. So here is Becca's multi-tiered birthday cake, complete with a few finger jabs from her siblings. I am thinking it would be smart to work on the wedding cake after all my kids have gone to bed to prevent the same thing from happening there! :)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

this is INCREDIBLE! you have an amazing talent! sounds like a very fun party - i love strawberry shortcake!