Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Livin' the dream

My morning started bright and early this morning at 4:00 when Greg's alarm went off. He had to leave at 4:30 for San Francisco, so I tried to keep him semi-coherent company before he left. When he was gone; however, I did not see any pressing need to get out of bed, and decided to grab a few winks before the kids woke up. Within seconds I was asleep and dreaming that I was on a road trip, with Rachel screaming. I pulled the car over in my dream and tried to console her to no avail. It felt like she was crying forever in my dream, and it continued into my waking, as I drifted back into consciousness.
I got up, changed her pants, and sent her back to bed when I realized it was only 4:45, and she probably woke up right as Greg left. Still exhausted, I climbed back in bed once more (we were up late packing the night before, and I only had about an hour of sleep the previous night) only to have Rachel wake up again shortly after 5:00. I put her back in bed at 5:18 (I looked at my watch), climbed back in bed, and Sarah woke up, distraught, at 5:30. I climbed in her bed and rubbed her back until she fell asleep, took a couple of Tylenol for the headache that somehow crept into my brain, and gave up on the idea of sleeping in.
By 9:00 my headache had subsided, and since I already had a babysitter lined up, I went to the temple... and let's just say it was a miracle I didn't fall asleep during the session!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The Temple is a place of rest, at times that is quite literal....

Good thing this is buried 3 entries down now and no one will see it.