Tuesday, January 13, 2009

You Choose


This morning Ellie wanted to wear Becca's black dress coat to school because she was wearing her fancy velvet pants and needed a coat to match (who cares that she spilled oatmeal on her sweater before school even started and refused to change). I told her that she could wear it, but that she needed to be very careful with it because the last time she wore it to school she forgot about it and it was "lost" for almost a month.
Then, when her carpool came, I reminded her that she REALLY needed to turn in her homework and her field trip permission slip or she would not be allowed to go to the museum (I guess I could have waited a little longer on that organize your dinner into categories page).
As she was walking out the door she turned to me and said, "Well, which is it? Do you want me to not lose the coat or turn in my homework? You can only choose one."
I told her that both were important, but that if she didn't want to go to the field trip I guess she didn't need to turn in her permission slip.

Amazingly, she came home with her coat and had turned in her homework!

2 comments: