Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My Future Chef

This morning I decided to make myself some split pea soup for lunch. It is one of my favorite meals and the only reason I don't have it more often is that I don't usually plan my lunches far enough in advance to start the peas simmering. But this morning I did. I checked on the peas about 30 minutes ago and decided to check my email & let them soften a tiny bit longer before eating them, but when I came upstairs I discovered an odd smell.
I opened the lid to the soup and saw flecks in it and asked Sarah if she had put something in the soup.
"Yep. I added marshmallows and a bunch of stuff from the cupboards."
Sadly, it wasn't salvageable, but I am happy to see that another generation of creative cooking has already begun.

2 comments:

Ms. Fish said...

Heather,
I absolutely ADORE your stories.... they always bring a smile, a chuckle, and a flood of memories from the child-rearing days. (I'm out of that stage now...I'm in the child-kick-them-in the rear days...jk)

DeAnna Packer said...

Creative Cooking and an adorable mom!