Saturday, February 02, 2008

Does Phil feel lucky? aka Happy Groundhog Day


So I am sitting on the couch at the moment I am watching Groundhog day. I love this movie and could watch it over and over again, and just laughed at the quote "this is one time that television has failed to capture the excitement of a large squirrel predicting the weather." But honestly, I do have to question the fact that we have a holiday celebrating a groundhog. Kind of funny.

But, since we do get to celebrate the squirrel, according to 'groundhog.com' :

On Gobbler's Knob on this fabulous Groundhog Day, February 2nd, 2008
Punxsutawney Phil, the Seer of Seers, Prognosticator of all Prognosticators,
after casting a weathered eye toward thousands of his faithful followers,
Phil consulted with President Cooper and directed him to the appropriate scroll, which proclaimed:

"As I look around me, a bright sky I see, and a shadow beside me.
Six more weeks of winter it will be!"

In addition to celebrating six more weeks of winter, we did have one cute incident that was too funny to pass up on the blog. As we drove into the Costco parking lot, Sarah exclaimed with glee, "Costco! I love that place!" Then she looked across the parking lot, saw Applebees and said, "Mmm! Applebee's! I like that place, too!"

Greg's response was, "Sarah, they don't come much cuter than you!"

Then Ellie piped up, "Except for me! I come even cuter!"

Yep, they are all pretty fun to be around.

No comments: