Thursday, March 27, 2008

Good Morning Snow-shine

I don't know if anyone else has had mornings like this, but it is almost 9:00 a.m.-- Becca is gone to school, Ellie and Sarah are playing downstairs, I just put Rachel down for a morning nap, and I am still in my pajamas, trying to put off getting dressed for as long as possible. I think I can explain the phenomenon. I woke up this morning to a white world, and even though I knew it was coming, my body has gone on strike against winter.
My reticence to getting dressed may also have something to do with some seriously disturbed REM cycles last night.
It is not uncommon for me to wake up in the middle of the night to a child crying or a child pushing me out of my own bed, in fact that happened twice last night, but those sounds typically only half wake me up, and I can go back to sleep pretty well. However, last night I was awakened by Greg shaking me and urgently telling me to "GET UP!"
I sat up, my heart pounding in my chest, and asked him what was the matter. He said, "I have to do a body count," and proceeded to climb out of bed and use the bathroom. When he was done, he climbed back in bed and was fast asleep. When I asked him this morning if he remembered his actions, he told me he had no recollection of dreaming at all, and just laughed.
I, on the other hand, was awake for almost two hours trying to calm myself back down after thinking the house was on fire.
So, if you were planning to come over this morning to visit me, I would recommend waiting until about noon, or plan on coming in your jammies for a lovely pajama party!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Heather, again, I am impressed ... I can't believe you think that staying in your p.j.'s until 9am is being lazy! I'm just crawling out of bed about then and there are days when I don't get out of my pajamams at all (what's the point if you're not going anywhere!) I think I'm going to make you my role model!

Michelle said...

heather! i love your egg-leskievers! those are the cutest things ever - i am so making them next year!!

and your girls are GORGEOUS in their dresses! where did you find those? that is really the same style i would choose for my own girls, if i had any!

i'm sorry about the snow! that is just depressing! i'd be in my pjs, too!