Monday, March 03, 2008

TAG!

I got tagged with a book tag and a history tag, so here is the Book Tag:

Here are the Rules of the Tag:

1. Pick up a book you are reading (of at least 123 pages).

2. Open the book to page 123.

3. Find the fifth sentence.

4. Post the next five sentences.

5. Tag five people.



"I'll need to see her once a week until we're certain she's all right."


Glasses all the time, I thought. No boy wants to date a girl with glasses. Despite the doctor's instructions to wear an eye patch for twenty-four hours I had to take it off. I couldn't let the reporters see me with the patch because they would make a big deal of it.


Any guesses as to what I'm reading right now? I am almost finished with "Warriors don't Cry" That scene was from the day that a boy at Central High blew acid into Melba Pattillo's eyes, nearly blinding her. I have really enjoyed the book, although I find it almost impossible to believe how many people, and how violently people opposed integration.



And here is the less interesting History tag:

20 years ago: I was 11. I was anxiously awaiting August 8, because I thought that 8-8-88 would be such a cool day, and I knew there wouldn't be a day like it until 9-9-99 (little did I realize that as soon as we hit the new millennium it wouldn't be all that uncommon). I was a babysitting maniac (it occupied almost every journal entry I made) and was anxious to enter Junior High.


10 years ago: I was 21. I had just moved jobs from OC Tanner to Creative Color, working in accounting and answering phones. I was also getting ready to start a master's in Speech Pathology at the University of Utah.

5 years ago: I was 26. Becca was not yet two, and Ellie was a newborn. She kept me up all night every night, and poor Becca had "Spirit-Stallion of the Cimeron" as a babysitter every morning while I tried to get at least an hour of sleep because Ellie's best consistent sleep always happened as soon as Becca woke up.

3 years ago (today): I was 28. I was 8 1/2 months pregnant, and totally unaware that the next day I would be going into labor. I was at our Stake Women's Conference with my mom, grandma and great grandma. My great-grandma had to leave the meeting to go to the bathroom, and said "It's heck getting old!" in her "whisper" (so everyone in the room heard it). Then, through the remainder of the meeting she kept asking me if I needed to use the bathroom, or if I was in labor (also in her "whisper"). My mom spoke in the meeting (she was the Stake RS president), and as soon as the meeting was over she told me I was free to have the baby any time. When my water broke the next morning she told me I was a very obedient daughter.

1 year ago: I was 30. My grandma and great-grandma passed away within a few weeks of each other.I was seven months along with Rachel, and finally over the morning-sickness. Becca was loving kindergarten, and we were enjoying mild weather and kite-flying. I was loving life and felt confident as a mother of 3 (I always seem to be able to handle the number of children I have right before the next one comes along).

So far this year: I got released from the Primary (after over 6 years of being there) and am now in the Young Women's Presidency over the Beehives. I spend most of my days trying to keep up on laundry and dishes and trying to pick out the choice moments to blog about!

So, anyone who reads this (Since 99% of you are lurkers) feel free to consider yourself tagged, and let me know what you are reading and-or what you were doing in the past!

No comments: