Monday, August 24, 2009

The first day of School

It's hard to believe we are back in school again. Becca is now in third grade & Ellie started first grade today. Her second tooth is loose & may very well come out tonight.
I just hope I am ready for another year of packing lunches, getting everyone up early and trying to stay on top of things as much as possible. I suppose I should go make bread or do laundry, or potty train Rachel now that the girls are out the door, but for now I think I'll just take two minutes to enjoy the relative quiet that has come over the house.
Becca and Ellie on their way out the door with apples in hand for their teachers.
Ellie was pretty excited to go through her new pencil box (the eraser she's holding was the most exciting item for her).
Becca gave her teacher her apple then went back outside to play so they could practice lining up to come in "the right way" when the bell rang.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look so cute! I love the apples for their teachers.

It looks like you guys had some fun times!!!

Shannon Stoker said...

Your girls are getting TOO big! They look adorable and spiffy for the first day of school. At least I got to see them in person a few days ago. Miss you guys already.

Emily said...

It's the making lunches that's really getting me down!

bjohnston said...

Wow, you even dress up an apple for the teacher. I struggle just to get my boys dressed. You put us other moms to shame.