Friday, May 29, 2009

Bear Snores On


One of my favorite children's books is "Bear Snores On." It is about a mouse who wanders into a bear cave to escape the cold & pretty soon a party ensues complete with popcorn, a fire, and tea (I'm sure it's herbal).
Well, some days I wish I could be the bear--because there is always such a party going on in my very own lair & sometimes it is more than I can handle.
Today I was out weeding the back yard...I mean jungle & Sarah and Rachel crept back in the house and had a bit of a party. Some of the events included: ChapStick art (chopstick according to Sarah) with a brand new 8 pack of chap stick I picked up for Becca's birthday party; strawberry jam finger paint on the carpet in the dining room (I found that one after I had already put the girls in the car to go to the school) and then, after I had hurredly cleaned up the jam I went out to the car where Sarah had climbed out of her carseat & loaded the back seat of the car with 2 Costco packages of bottled water & emptied the contents of my purse all over the front and middle seats. Ergh.
So, while the bear eventually wakes up saddened that he wasn't included in the festivities, I think I would prefer to hibernate for a little while & wake up once the mess of the party was all cleaned up....oh, wait...I bet the people who made the mess wouldn't clean it up, & the bear had already decided "If you can't beat 'em...Join 'em."

So, who's up for some strawberry jam finger painting on the carpet?! Woo Hoo!

2 comments:

DeAnna Packer said...

Oh Heather.... I so relate! I remember thanking Heavenly Father for a good sense of humor which enabled my children to live a day longer..... Bless you! Auntie

cbpulsipher said...

Heather, every time I think my kids won't live through the day, I read your blog and laugh, then go give my kids a love!!