Monday, September 22, 2008

Out of This World

In my junior high days, I loved the TV show "Out of this World." For anyone unfamiliar with the premise, it was about a girl who was half alien (I think it was on Friday nights, apparently my Sci-Fi Fridays started early). Anyway, her primary "power" was the ability to stop time. I have to say it is a gift I have wished for many times, and today is no exception. I am currently suffering from a bit of a cold, and have no energy. The other day I tried to take a nap, but was awakened three times in 15 minutes (the fact that I could fall back asleep that quickly is a sure sign of my illness).
I was thinking that if I could stop time, I would take a nap. By stopping time, I wouldn't have to worry about my kids getting into anything while I wasn't watching and I would be able to sleep without anyone poking me in the eye and asking if I'm "Just Pretending."

Here is a clip of the intro to Out of This World for anyone feeling nostalgic!

3 comments:

Maureen said...

I don't remember ever watching that show, but I'm sure it was totally AWESOME!

I'm pretty sure that if I had the power to stop time, that I would abuse it way too much.

Unknown said...

Wow, I was able to sing about 3/4 of the words with that song. I think I was 5 when it was on tv....

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good b-day. I like your new fall look too. mom