Monday, June 22, 2009

14 layer cake

I made my dad a 14 layer cake for Father's Day & it was really fun. It looked like a giant stack of pancakes & tasted pretty yummy. This picture is actually from Bakerella, but it looked very similar to my cake. It was a lot easier to make than I thought it would be. Because the layers were thin they baked quickly, and the recipe I used said to assemble the layers as they came out of the oven, so I didn't have to wait for anything to cool. The whole thing took about an hour from beginning to end, which isn't too bad if you ask me :)
So if you want to try something a little different, but still easy, I would highly recommend it.
Oh, BTW, I used Marie Callender's pie tins to bake them because I had seven & only had to reload each pan once. I think that it is something that is worth making again.

4 comments:

Maureen said...

Yum!

Meg said...

14 layers of yummy goodness.

bjohnston said...

Your baking skills are definitely out of my league!

Janelle said...

Wow, just wow!