Friday, August 11, 2006

Fill'er Up!


Since I am now doing the laundry on my own, I left Becca in charge of the girls while I did a load. When I was finished, I found all three girls playing with a laundry basket and random jugs and cartons from the pantry. There was powdered milk sprinkled on the fireplace and carpet, but (much to my relief) none of the vinegar, Karo syrup, maple syrup, vegetable oil, or mashed potatoes had been opened. When I asked the girls what they were doing, they said that they were playing cars, and all of the condiments were the gas.
I must admit I was unbelievably grateful that they only "filled up" the car once, and of the potential mess I saw, the powdered milk wasn't too bad.

Once everything was put away and Sarah was down for a nap, I decided to let the girls make some new "cars" --this time with a little supervision. They had a great time cutting, pasting and decorating their cars, complete with steering wheels, keys and licence plates! Then we let them go to the "Drive In" and watch a show while eating popcorn in their cars.




1 comment:

Michelle said...

those cars are so cute! how did you do the license plates?