Saturday, August 05, 2006

To Everything there is a Season...

A time to be born, and a time to die. My great-grandmother passed away yesterday. I was outside when the call came, and Greg was with the girls, so he took the opportunity to tell them what had happened, and to explain a little bit about the Plan of Salvation. He told them that even though she was gone, if we do the things we are supposed to, Heavenly Father has promised that we can be together as a family again.

When I came inside, Greg told me the news, and then turned to the girls and asked, “But what is our promise?”

Ellie turned to me and said, “If we are good we get to go to Grandma Lorna’s house tonight!”

(Apparently, he had already bargained with the girls before my mom called with the news.)

In happier news, Heather gave birth to a darling little girl today! The newest member of the family is baby Annie! Here are a couple pictures:

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I'm sorry to hear about your great-grandmother. what a neat hubby you have, to teach your girls! and that is crazy to see your brother - i can't remember if he is older or younger than you, but i remember meeting him...at your parents house, maybe? anyway, congrats on becoming an aunt!