Monday, August 14, 2006

These Boots Are Made For Walkin'


Tonight as part of Family Home Evening, we went for a family drive. While we were out, we stopped at the store and found Becca some new boots for school. When we got home, Becca asked if we could go for a walk. I told her that would be fine, and when I opened up her door to get her out of the car, she had exchanged her sandals for her new boots, and asked, "Mom, can I please wear these? 'Cause these boots are made for walkin!"
We started on the walk, and after I had regained my composure a little, I sang the chorus of "These Boots are Made for Walkin'." When I had finished, Becca said, "Mom, my boots are made for walking, but they will never walk all over me."

It was a great walk,--it was breezy and overcast, and best of all, we got to see seven little Golden Retriever puppies just like the puppies my dog, Annie, had when I was growing up.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

oh she is SO cute - are you sad to be losing her to kindergarten??