Monday, August 07, 2006

Modesty may make a fool seem a man of sense. --Jonathan Swift


I am not sure what the opposite implies, but it would be a little closer to the truth around this house. Yesterday I was so proud of myself for getting all of us over to the church ten minutes before sacrament meeting started. I pulled Ellie onto my lap, and in so doing, noticed that she had not followed my counsel to put on some underwear, and instead had nothing on under her dress. I quickly walked her home and took care of the issue, and didn't think anything of it until today. Sarah came into the kitchen as I was cleaning up lunch and I smelled something less than pleasant. I lifted up her jumper to examine her diaper only to find that there wasn't one. Instead her little body was a mess and I followed the trail of poopy footprints back to the family room where the incident occured.
At the moment I'm afraid my house smells like an "outhouse" that has just been cleaned with undiluted ammonia. But at least Sarah is now clean from head to toe after a nice long bubble-bath!

No comments: