Wednesday, August 02, 2006

"A good rainstorm in August can break the back of summer." --Grandma Inee


There is something absolutely refreshing about a summer rainstorm. Somehow, even though Ellie dusted the furniture with Crystal Light Powder, threw cheese around the kitchen and then made herself a "Drink" of 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water (which she dropped on the floor when she saw me coming), my life has been renewed by the storm that came through yesterday.
During one especially heavy downpour, I threw open the kitchen door to listen to the rain beating against the ground. I walked back to the sink to finish washing the breakfast dishes and looked out the window to see Sarah soaked to the bone and laughing her head off standing on the back porch.
I think that her love of the summer storm might have equaled my own!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

heather - i LOVE the rain - especially in utah where it seems to be rarer and rarer!