Tuesday, October 07, 2008

5 things

5 Things that I was doing 10 years ago:

1-Working on my masters degree at the U. (nope, never finished)
2-Working at Creative Color ("Good Afternoon, Creative Color, this is Heather!" Yep, I've still got it!)
3-Planning activities for the new combined young adult ward (Activity Chair for the YA ward)
4-Meeting Greg-We met in fall '98 when they combined the wards
5-Shopping at Nordstrom for the last time (pretty sure I haven't shopped there since 2000).

5 Things on My To-Do List today:

1-Host preschool at our house (always entertaining--for example, today I showed a picture of a bear at the beach and asked "Does this look hot or cold?" and all the kids answered "COLD!")
2- Laundry
3- Go to dinner with the neighbors (Thank you Greg for fixing their computer so I can go for a night out!)
4-Get a babysitter so I can go out with the neighbors (Maybe that should have been on my to-do list yesterday)
5- Clean up...clean up....clean up...clean up....clean up...clean up...clean up...clean up...clean up...clean up...

5 Favorite Snacks:

1- Milk Chocolate Mindy's Mints from Mrs. Cavanaugh's Chocolates
2-V Chocolate Toffee (Oh the days when Greg's dad got samples from John Probst....Mmm!)
3-Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory (not really a "snack"-more like a day's worth of calories but OH, so worth it!)
4- Swedish Fish (That one I can blame on Jerusalem 12 years ago. I was forewarned that they would be unavailable while I was gone, and have had an addiction ever since)
5-Hummus and Multi-Grain crackers/chips (the ones from Costco that are like seven bucks a bag, but sooo yummy)

5 jobs I have had:

1-Serving frozen yogurt at Toppers...mmmmm, I still miss that yogurt!
2-Packing Pies at Cutie Pie (the fruit turnovers--I still can't eat those!)
3-Desk Girl at Mr. Mac (those were NOT the days to remember)
4-Sales Promotion at O.C. Tanner (I received my "one-year" service award, and left shortly before actually completing the year)
5- Receptionist/Accounting at Creative Color (somehow I got hired on to help with accounting because the boss knew that my dad was an accountant--thank heaven for Quicken!)

What I would do with a million dollars:

1-Pay tithing
2-Pay off our house
3-Remodel (the kitchen, bathrooms and theater in the basement...and just maybe replace the lovely orange carpet while I'm down there!)
4-Go on a trip to Europe with the family (while my house was being remodeled--I don't want to have to live through remodeling :) )
5-Save for a rainy day, or sunny day

5 Things that made me laugh this week:

1- My friend saying that she was asked by another friend to go under the knife because it was "2 for the price of 1" (and I said, "Good. I know I would want to get two done instead of just one!")
2-Watching the Tina Fey SNL sketches about Sarah Palin

3-Last night's episode of "Chuck"
4-My kids (today I would have to say it was Sarah's bath in the mop bucket)
5-Funny stories at General Conference

3 comments:

Maureen said...

I didn't know you like Swedish Fish. I just found this yesterday:
http://www.afriendyoucaneat.com/videos/
You can get a free t-shirt if you're one of the first 20,000. It's probably too late, but I signed up anyway.

Emily said...

That video was soooo funny. She sounded just like Palin.

Elisa said...

We LOVE Chuck too. I like reading your blog, we would love to see all of you again. We should try to arrange something in the next couple of months or something.