Tuesday, October 28, 2008

How to Eat Fried Worms

I have been trying to make some fun "Halloween" meals for my family as we have drawn closer to All Hallow's Eve. So far, my favorite (and my kids' favorite) has been candy corn quesadillas. To make them, I took mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, and Colby Jack cheese and arranged them in rings around a tortilla. Then, I just microwaved them and cut them into triangles to turn them into "candy corns." I found that slicing the cheese worked better than grating it because the colors stayed in their rows better, but my kids thought it was great.

Last night, I went with a more greusome food choice--fried worms (actually they were boiled). I took a package of hot dogs and cut them length wise into strips, boiled them until they curled up and served them on a bun. I even served them with bbq sauce instead of ketchup and the result was a little too realistic, but the kids thought it was great being permitted to talk about gross things at the dinner table. Greg was kind enough to take a picture of the all-too-realistic food.



4 comments:

Maureen said...

For some reason the picture isn't showing up, but GROSS! Anna is so squeamish, she would never be able to eat that. She's the one that won't let us talk about gross stuff at the table. Sounds like your girls are good sports about it.

Leslie said...

Thanks for the dinner idea! I am using this tonight. You always amaze me. You are a fun mom Heather!

Katie said...

Eewww!

Emily said...

That looks so nasty!