Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Good Books & Good Friends

Oh the pleasure of a good book. I can't think of anything more relaxing than curling up with a good read.
Tonight I have a book club, and we read "The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch. It was a short read, but a good reminder to take advantage of the moment.
For anyone who doesn't know the circumstances, Randy wrote the book after he was diagnosed with terminal cancer. He has since passed away, but his outlook on life as he neared the end helped me to remember my blessings.
I also enjoy the fact that I get to discuss a good book with the girls. It is refreshing to get together with friends and have a coherent conversation without interruptions for boo-boos, drinks, or the wiping of toddler bottoms--not that I don't love all those things, too, but today I am grateful for good books and good friends.

No comments: