Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Health

As my health continues to creep slowly back into the realm of normalcy, I am more aware than I have been in a long time how wonderful it is to be blessed with good health.
I have had a cold that has knocked me out for over a week. Every night I go to bed early out of sheer exhaustion, and then wake up at 2:00 and 5:00 in a coughing frenzy...and that is with night-time cold medicine, Vick's and a heating pad soothing my aches and pains.
I have been getting up earlier than usual (5:00 is not the time I usually get up) but have had so little energy (plus the aches, pains and chills that accompany a fever and cold) that I only get the bare minimum done.
Today has been the first day that I have actually done a few "extras" (that being the laundry and bathrooms . . . it's amazing how few items made it to the "basics" list) and it feels so good to know that my house is once again coming to order.
A clean house equals a happy me, and when I am sick, I am probably not the best person to be around, so to everyone who has had to endure my presence for the past week (especially my kids), my most sincere apologies!

1 comment:

Janelle said...

I'm so sorry you were sick...what a bummer! I think our family is finally all well...I'm loving it!