Tuesday, November 04, 2008

I LOVE AMERICA!

Today, obviously, is voting day and I am SO grateful for the privilege it is to be able to choose our leaders. It is so easy to go online and find information about each candidate & their platform and values. What a blessing it is to be able to decide for ourselves the people we want to lead this land.
So, I highly recommend that everyone makes sure to take advantage of the opportunities that are ours. VOTE!! Make your voice heard! Fight those lines & take a stand (just don't do it between the hours of 9-11 because that's when I plan on going) just kidding! Go whenever you want to! Just VOTE!

On that vein, I am also thankful for political humor. Having watched a lot of the SNL political jabs, I find that it is a breath of fresh air to see the candidates in a more humorous light & to see the politicians on the show laughing along with their counterparts. To me, it makes them seem more human and reminds me how great it is to have the opportunity to choose for ourselves the leadership we want in our country.

No comments: