Saturday, November 08, 2008

Saturday is a Special Day!

Today being Saturday, I am thankful for Saturdays--and long weekends. I love not having to get up early to get my kids off to school, but knowing I can get up early to do something fun. I love having my family with me through the day...my house usually suffers from Saturdays, but in my opinion it's worth it!

Yesterday Greg came home from work a little bit early and we went to the local art museum and to the library. The art museum is free and they have a little corner just for the kids (or should I say aspiring artists) to express themselves. They have a "found art" section, an "abstract art" section, a section with books about art, and an easel/chalkboard with all sorts of tools. The kids didn't want to leave & all opted to donate the quarter Greg gave them instead of buying a gumball (for which I will confess to being relieved).

Because of our little outing yesterday it has felt like a long weekend & I am just relishing each moment of the laid-back day.

No comments: