Thursday, November 20, 2008

Sleep

Some days I am grateful for things I have, and other days I am reminded to be grateful because it has been taken away.
Last night was not my best night of sleep. Rachel woke up several times in the night, as did I, because we were not feeling well. Then at 4:30, Rachel woke up again and was having trouble breathing. It was very odd. It was almost like she had been crying for a long time and was snuffling. She wasn't wheezing, had no cough or runny nose, but she just couldn't get a good breath. I woke Greg up, and she seemed to catch her breath, but we took her to a steamy bathroom just in case she was croupy.
She had no desire to go back to bed, and so we stayed up with her, and she seemed fine until about 8:00 in the morning when she had another episode. We decided to take her to the doctor, but they couldn't find anything wrong with her, and said that she sounded perfectly clear.
I am SO grateful that she seems to be just fine, but I am also grateful today for sleep.
I don't think about it unless I don't get it, but how nice is it to be able to sleep in a soft, cozy bed, in a climate-controlled environment.
Ahh, there is nothing better than a good-night's sleep (it's even better than a good book).

1 comment:

Emily said...

I hope everything will stay okay with her and that you can get some sleep!