Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Soap!

Today's post is short and sweet (smelling).I am thankful for the smell of soaps and detergents. The kids and I took an outing to Costco and, lucky for me, several soaps were on my list. I love walking down the cleaning aisle. Greg...not so much. I LOVE the smell of laundry detergent (the good ones, not the blah generic ones), and I carefully go through all of the cleaners I am choosing for our house to find the ones that, in my opinion, smell the best.
At present, I am enjoying Pine Sol-Orange scent, Kirkland laundry detergent (the liquid or boxed variety are both fine, but the one in the plastic tub--not so great). I also love Tide, Mountain Fresh Fabric Softener (liquid or sheets) and Ajax brand dish soap. I know, Ajax isn't exactly the most beautiful smell, but it's the kind of dish soap my grandma always used, and when I smell it I think of her.
I know others would always buy unscented, and that's just fine with me...I haven't worn perfume for years because every time I did I got a headache (but I can wear body sprays without trouble) so I understand that everyone is different, but as for me...Bring on the smell of clean!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

i couldn't agree more! i LOVE the scent of clean laundry. that is always my favorite smelling candle, especially the yankee "clean linen". my favorite actual laundry soap is Gain, and i love ajax, too! especially the grapefruit one. mmmmm.

of course, right at this minute, the smell of baking rolls is seriously rivaling my usual favorite clean smell. i think it's a toss up at this point...

happy thanksgiving, friend!! :)